We are excited to announce the introduction of our new, harmonized manufacturing operations management (MOM) portfolio, ‘Siemens Opcenter.’
This launch is the result of our relentless effort to integrate and harmonize our MOM software portfolio, creating user-friendly and industry-centric solutions to support manufacturing excellence.
Siemens Opcenter includes MOM capabilities for advanced planning and scheduling, manufacturing execution, quality management, manufacturing intelligence and performance, and research, development and laboratory management. The Siemens Opcenter story is one of evolution, as it builds upon the heritage of products you know and value, including Camstar, SIMATIC IT, Preactor, R&D Suite and QMS Professional, leveraging on a lot of synergies between them.
The first new releases of solutions within the Siemens Opcenter MOM portfolio are the MES systems: Siemens Opcenter Execution. The system is available off the shelf with industry specific capabilities. The industry-oriented features of our MES solutions have benefited from the harmonization under Siemens Opcenter, which has certainly revealed potential for cross-portfolio benchmark feature adoption.
In the spirit of the overall Siemens Opcenter strategy for smarter manufacturing new features in these releases focus on smart devices, mobility, and integration capabilities to optimize data flows and availability. You will read about them here in a couple of weeks.
Not only MES, but every Siemens Opcenter element is enriched with the cutting-edge technologies that will help you digitalize and transform your manufacturing operations – regardless of your industry.
Siemens Opcenter enhances our MOM portfolio with five key areas of innovation:
- User interface: a harmonized user interface is implemented throughout the MOM software portfolio. It has the design language, icons, and behaviour that are common to all of the Digital Industries Software portfolios. This easy-to-use look and feel offers a comfortable and efficient user experience, with no distractions caused by switching systems.
- Mobility: Siemens MOM solutions are smart-device ready. The re-design of the UI/UX helps take things from the desktop to mobile devices. The interface is responsive and situationally adaptive, allowing for an omnichannel user experience: seamless and immersive access to manufacturing data, regardless of device (tablet, smartphone, …), for real-time visibility of performance indicators and production KPIs.
- Extensibility: Granular apps and a rich set of widgets provide codeless extensibility and faster time to value of your solution, with the modularity and scalability needed for a comfortable implementation.
- Cloud support: All MOM solutions are cloud-ready. Stay tuned for news on the developments of cloud-native apps and MOM powered by Mindsphere.
- Interoperability: a dedicated app for interoperability simplifies the interfaces across the MOM portfolio, reducing version dependence and helping avoid one-to-one connections and direct interfaces. It tightly integrates to MOM products for efficient data exchange with specialized messaging features and high availability for distributed manufacturing.
Siemens Opcenter is the next-generation manufacturing software at the heart of the Digital Enterprise Software Suite, the end-to-end set of solutions and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain.
How will Siemens Opcenter unlock the potential of your manufacturing enterprise? Find out here!
We will be happy to dialogue with you on our exciting transformation and how it will support your digital transformation journey.
Rene_Wolf ( Siemens Dreamer )